- English Name : Lemongrass
- Local Name (Nepali Name)) : Lemongrass
- BotanicalName : Cymbopohonflexuosus flexuous
- Family Name : Garminae
- Season : July- Sept.
- Parts Used : Whole plant
Lemongrass in found from terai region to low hilly area of Nepal. Nowadays it is cultivated for commercial purpose in terai region. Lemongrass is an aromatic and cooling herb having smell like that of lemon. Lemongrass oil is obtained by steam distillation of partially wilted leaves of Cymbopogon flexuosus (D. C.) Stapf.
Physical and Chemical Properties
- Aroma : Characteristic intense sweet woody odour with flowery odour
- Flash Point : 166 Deg. Fah.
- Specific Gravity : 0.8894 at 250C
- Refractive Index : 1.4585 at 250C
- Ester Value : 55.0
- Ester Value after Acetylation : 101.6
- Solubility : Insoluble in water, soluble in oil and alcohol.
- Soluble in water : Insoluble
- Packaging : 1 kg, 5 kg, 10 kg, 25 kg