Magnificent citronella, aromatic lemon-scented grass is distributed throughout Nepal at an elevation of 1200m and extracted oil is highly fragrant and from steam distilled grass grown in the Terai belt of Nepal. This essential oil has citrusy, slightly sweet, fresh and fruity notes.
- Camphene has anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties.
- limonene has anti-oxidant and disease-preventing properties.
- linalool has anti-anxiety and sedative properties.
- borneol has pain-relieving and circulation improving properties.
- methyl-heptane have cosmetic and perfumery properties.
- sesquiterpenes have immune-boosting and cellular repairing properties.
- Add 10 drops of oil in a warm water bath it helps you in treating infections in wounds as well as in the colon, urethra, urinary bladder, stomach, intestine, urinary tracts.
Benefits and uses
- Add 2-3 drops of oil into a carrier oil and do massage on your forehead to fight depression and gives relief from anxiety, sadness and negative feelings and induce a fresh, happy feeling and hope.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil in the carrier oil and do massage on your muscles, chest and forehead it relieves spasms of muscles, respiratory system, nervous system and cure menstrual spasms and gives relief from cramps and colds.
- Add 2-3 drops to carrier oil and massage on the body it increases sweating and promotes the removal of toxins and other unwanted materials like excess water, fat and salts from the body.
- Add 1 drop in 20 ounces of drinking water it helps reduce weight, eliminate infections in the urinary system, reduce the chances of arthritis, improve digestion and keep the heart-healthy.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and apply it to your body it increases perspiration due to its diaphoretic property, reduces inflammation due to anti-inflammatory properties, fights infections due to microbial properties and these combined effects fight fever and reduce body temperature.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and massage on the nerves it stimulates blood circulation which helps increase the activity of the nervous system.
Methods of use
- Through smell: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice or apply a few drops to your hand or clothes or tissue paper and inhale.
- Topical use: Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize skin sensitivity and apply one to two drops in the desired area and do massage or rub in or add to lotion or moisturizers.
- Caution: If pregnant, epileptic, have cancer or have any medical problems use oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Keep your eyes away from the oils while using it otherwise it may lead to various complications to your eyes and be extra careful and keep out of reach of the children.