- Magnificent Clovebud, an aromatic evergreen tree is distributed throughout Nepal at an elevation of 1500m and extracted essential oil has a very stimulating and energizing aroma and steam distilled from the flower buds grown in the Himalayas of Nepal. This essential oil has a sweet, spicy and soothing fruity odour which gives you relaxation and calms your mind.
Major components and its properties
- Eugenol has antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-oxidant and anti-neoplastic properties.
- Eugenyl acetate acts as an anti-virulence agent against drug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii.
- Caryophyllene has potent anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties.
Benefits and uses
- It is a great natural remedy that helps lessen the appearance of stretch marks, baggy eyes, and puffy skin, moisturize dry skin and help solve other skin problems.
- It helps in the healing of toothache and tooth pains.
- It helps in soothing itch and burns associated with coming in contact with poison oak or poison ivy.
- It improves blood circulation, reduces pain typically associated with tension headaches.
- It is effective in stopping the growth of some types of bacteria and fungi.
- It is effective in killing the cancer cells or stopping them from growing.
- It helps to relieve various respiratory conditions like cough and asthma.
- It helps to solve the problem of digestive upset and helps in comfortable digestion and treat digestive related problems.
- It is used to treat cuts, wounds, insect bites and even stings.
Methods of use
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops on the diffuser of your choices or apply a few drops to your hand or clothes or tissue paper and inhale.
- Topical use: Dilute clove bud oil in a carrier oil to prevent skin sensitivity before application and apply one to two drops to the desired area and do massage or rub in. Dilute it in unscented products such as lotion or facial cream.
- Dental: Dilute a few drops of clove oil in an edible carrier oil then dab a clean cotton ball into the solution than avoiding contact with your gums apply the cotton ball to the sore tooth.
Caution: If pregnant, epileptic, have cancer or have any medical problems use oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Keep your eyes away while using it otherwise it may lead to various complications to your eyes and be extra careful and keep it out of reach of children.