Coconut is a large, nut-like fruit that grows high in trees. Coconuts have very hard shells and sweet, white flesh inside. Coconuts are large brown balls that must be cut or sawed open — inside the shell is the coconut meat and clear coconut water.
- 49% lauric acid (C12:0) and 20% myristic acid (C14:0) , 8% palmitic acid (C16:0), 7% caprylic acid (C8:0), 5% capric acid (C10:0) and 3% stearic acid (C18:0).
Benefits and uses
- Its natural antioxidant properties make skin great for stopping wrinkles and skin irritation.
- This nourishing oil has been used for centuries in hair and its unique fat composition makes it especially beneficial for certain hair types. Use it as a hair mask, hot oil treatment, or in homemade hair products.
- It can help improve sleep when taken daily.
- It has been shown to increase the absorption of calcium and magnesium.