Magnificent eucalyptus, aromatic flowering trees or shrubs is distributed throughout Nepal at an elevation of 120 to 2000 m and extracted oil is highly fragrant and from steam-distilled leaves of eucalyptus grown in the temperate region of Nepal. This essential oil has a minty, camphorous scent that is sharp and highly pungent.
Major Components and its properties
- Cineole has anti-inflammatory and ant-oxidant properties.
- Eucalyptol has anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial, anti-cancer and anti-fungal properties.
- A-pinene has pain-relieving, anti-inflammatory and memory-boosting properties.
Benefits and uses
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and massage on your scalp, it possesses an anti-fungal property that helps to remove dandruff and induce healthy scalp health.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and massage on your skin, it has antiseptic property which helps in the quick healing of wounds and prevent infection.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to hot water steam and inhale, it helps break the fever, relieves muscle pains and eases respiration.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and massage on your chest it provides relief from blocked nose and breathing difficulties during a cold or cough.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and massage on the affected area, it is analgesic and anti-inflammatory in nature and works well to reduce stress and pain.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and massage on the affected area, it helps with the jock itch, ringworm, athlete’s foot, thrush and cold sores.
- Add 1 drop of oil to your toothpaste and apply it on your gums and take precautions not to swallow it, it is very effective against cavities, dental plaque, gingivitis, halitosis and other dental infections.
Methods of use:
- Through smell: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice or apply a few drops to your hand or clothes or tissue paper and inhale.
- Topical use: Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize skin sensitivity and apply one to two drops in the desired area and do massage or rub in or add to lotion or moisturizers.
Caution: If pregnant, epileptic, have cancer or have any medical problems use oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Keep your eyes away from the oils while using it otherwise it may lead to various complications to your eyes and be extra careful and keep out of reach of the children.