Magnificent frankincense, aromatic resin tree is extracted essential oil is highly fragrant and steam distilled from bark, resin, seeds, roots and flower of frankincense. This essential oil has a sweet, woody scent with the notes of lemon.
Major components and its properties
- Monoterpenes and diterpenes have the anticancer property.
- Ethyl acetate shows neuroprotective activity.
- Octyl acetate is used as the basis for artificial flavours and perfumery.
Benefits and uses
- Its anti-inflammatory effects may help reduce symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- It helps reduce the symptoms of ulcerative colitis by reducing inflammation in your gut.
- It helps reduce asthma attacks in susceptible people and relieve asthma symptoms like shortness of breath and wheezing.
- It helps fight gum disease and maintain oral health.
- It may help to kill cancer cells and prevent tumours from spreading.
- It stimulates the growth of new cells thus when used on cuts it promotes faster healing.
- It works as an expectorant to clear the nasal passageway, promote the relief of congestion and encourage easy breathing.
Methods of use
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice or apply a few drops to your hand or clothe or tissue paper and inhale.
- Topical use: Dilute with a carrier oil to prevent skin sensitivity before application and apply one to two drops to the desired area and do massage or rub in or Dilute with unscented products such as lotion or facial creams.
- Caution: If pregnant, epileptic, have cancer and any medical problems use oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Keep your eyes away from the oil otherwise, it may lead to various complications to your eyes and be extra careful and keep out of reach of children.