Magnificent ginger lily, aromatic is extracted oil is highly fragrant and steam distilled from root and flower of the ginger lily. This essential oil has a fresh, sweet, tropical flower bouquet with a lovely ginger-like fruity undertone, rich and deep with good tenacity.
Major components and its properties
- Phellandrene has antifungal and antibacterial properties.
- Camphene act as a pain reliever and have anti-inflammatory property.
- Linalool act as a mosquito repellant, have sedative effects and anti-epileptic property.
- Limonene reduces triglycerides and lower blood sugar levels and increases good cholesterol levels.
- Geraniol has insect repellant, anti-oxidant, anti-tumour and anti-cancer properties.
- Citronellol has anti-depressant, antiseptic and anti-spasmodic properties.
- Curcumin has neurotrophic factors linked to improved brain function and lowers the risk of brain disease.
- Sesquiterpenes boost immunity and protect from harmful microbes and assist cellular repair.
Benefits and uses
- It helps to treat local inflammation, asthma, boils, bronchitis, nausea pain and hiccups.
- It acts efficiently against liver complaints, in case of diarrhoea and stomach upsets.
- It helps to fight bad breath and infection-causing germs of the mouth.
- It acts as a vasodilator and is used in the treatment of vomiting and diminished appetite.
- It helps to treat motion sickness, blood pressure and joint pains.
- It is used as an antiseptic and as a poultice for muscle spasms and various aches.
- It is helpful in conditions of indigestion and poor blood circulation.
- It treats conditions like stress, migraines, frozen shoulders, nervous exhaustion, strains and accidental injuries.
- It acts effectively against gram-positive bacteria and fungi due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- It boosts your immune system, stimulates hormones, stimulates energy and induces relation.
Methods of use
- Through smell: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice or apply a few drops to your hand or clothes or tissue paper and inhale.
- Topical use: Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize skin sensitivity and apply one to two drops in the desired area and do massage or rub in or add to lotion or moisturizers.
Caution: If you’re pregnant, epileptic, have cancer or have any medical problems use oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Keep your eyes away from the oils while using it otherwise it may lead to various complications to your eyes and be extra careful and keep out of reach of the children.