The magnificent guava, a fast-growing evergreen shrub or small tree, yields an extracted oil with a light fragrance. This precious oil is obtained through the cold-pressing of guava seeds. The essential oil exudes a mildly sweet aroma with reminiscent fruity tones, providing a delightful and refreshing olfactory experience.
Major components and its properties
- b-bisabolene have cosmetic, odour boosting and perfumery properties.
- b-copanene have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- the cardigan has anti-inflammatory and energy levelling up properties.
- a-pinene has pain-relieving and respiratory relaxing properties.
Benefits and uses.
- Add 1 drop of oil to 20 ounces of drinking water it helps improve blood sugar in people with diabetes.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil in a handkerchief it has a positive effect on heart health by lowering blood pressure, decreasing bad cholesterol and increasing good cholesterol.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil in a carrier oil and do massage around your tummy it helps to decrease symptoms of painful menstruation and cramps.
- Add 1 drop of oil to 20 ounces of drinking water it helps to reduce diarrhoea and constipation.
- Add 2 drops of oil to 40 ounces of drinking water it is full of fibre and low in calories means it helps you feel full and aid weight loss.
- Add 1 drop of oil to 20 ounces of drinking water it helps to prevent the development and growth of cancer cells.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil in carrier oil and massage on your skin due to the richest source of vitamin C it protects against illness and infections.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil in a carrier oil and apply it on your skin it helps slow down the ageing of your skin and treat acne.
Methods of use
- Through smell: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice or apply a few drops to your hand or clothes or tissue paper and inhale.
- Topical use: Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize skin sensitivity and apply one to two drops in the desired area and do massage or rub in or add to lotion or moisturizers.
- Caution: If pregnant, epileptic, have cancer or have any medical problems use oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Keep your eyes away from the oils while using it otherwise it may lead to various complications to your eyes and be extra careful and keep out of reach of the children.