- Jojoba oil is an oil-like wax extracted from the seeds of the jojoba plant.Jojoba oil and wax are produced from the seeds and used for medicine. Jojoba is applied directly to the skin for acne, psoriasis, sunburn, and chapped skin. It is also used topically to encourage the regrowth of hair in people who are balding. In manufacturing, jojoba is used as an ingredient in shampoo; lipstick; makeup; cleansing products; and in face, hand, and body lotions.
- wax esters, few free fatty acids, alcohols, hydrocarbons, sterols, vitamins with few triglyceride esters.
Benefits and uses
- Jojoba oil is a humectant ingredient. This means that it works to seal your skin with a protective barrier to keep it from losing moisture. This may help prevent bacterial infections, acne, and dandruff from forming.
- Jojoba oil is a promising ingredient in stimulating wound healing. Preliminary research shows that jojoba oil encourages your skin cells to bind together after they’ve been separated by a scratch or cut.
- It may help soothe eczema, psoriasis, and other drying skin condition.
- It may help soothe sunburns and treat acne.
- It may help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
There are no reviews yet.