- Moringa, a popular carrier oil in the beauty and skincare industry is extracted from the seeds of the moringa oleifera tree, a Himalayan native leafy tree. It is also known as behan or ben oil, it is extracted by the process of cold pressing. The oil is available in clear and odourless form on extraction. The commercial version ranges from light yellow to dark green in colour and offers a typical aromatic description of carrier oil.
- Saturated fatty acids like palmitic acid, behenic acid and cerotic, lignoceric,myristic, margaric, caprylic acid.
Benefits and uses
- It serves as a natural supplement that is used in improving the strength and health of the scalp and hair.
- It increases the healing speed of wounds, bruises, abrasions or scrapes.
- It has the ability to stimulate blood flow and also helps to tackle fungal infections.
- It helps in protecting the organs from excess strain and inflammation by seeking out free radicals.
- It has been used to treat stomach ulcers and pain for a long.
- It contains several bioactive compounds which have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It is beneficial for acne breakouts.