Essential oil is time-tested treasures gaining new popularity in the world. These potent liquids are fresh ingredients that you can customize for almost any oral care hygiene. These oils are believed to be antimicrobial, which means they kill germs that cause pain, disease, and decay. This oil soothes and heals gums by increasing blood flow to the tissue. With the rinse of essential oil, it promotes healthy gums and fresh breath, including it on your toothbrush while brushing teeth to prevent tooth decay and fight plaque.
Caution: Brush gently and spit out excess oils and saliva.
- Apricot oil
- Calamus oil
- Mentha oil
- Wintergreen oil
- Basil oil
- Zanthoxylum oil
- Cinnamon oil
- Clovebud oil
- Artemisia oil
- Moringa seed oil
Benefits and Uses
- Apricot oil has high levels of vitamin-K which prevent inflammation of gums and roots of teeth and vitamin-E which prevents cracking of the skin of the mouth.
- Mentha oil possesses various biological effects as antiseptic in oral preparations, antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, antioxidant, and antispasmodic effects, also used as a flavoring agent in pharmaceutical oral preparation.
- Wintergreen oil is used in over-the-counter dental products that control plaque and gingivitis.
- Basil oil with its natural antioxidant and antibacterial abilities boost dental health by protecting teeth and gums
- Zanthoxylum oil helps to treat discolored tongue, soreness of oral mucosa, stomatitis, halitosis, gingivitis, and protection of oral mucus against lipid peroxidation.
- Cinnamon oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties which is found to be effective against several strains of streptococcus and candida that cause oral infections and cavities in the teeth.
- Clovebud oil prevents dental erosion by working in a similar way to fluorides in preventing cavities.
- Artemisia oil treats cuts and wounds of the stoma and oral ulcers.
- Moringa seed oil kills harmful bacteria in the mouth, reduces bad breath, prevents cavities, reduces inflammation, and improves gum health.