Magnificent patchouli, an aromatic perennial herb is distributed throughout Nepal at an elevation of 800 to 1000 m and extracted oil is highly fragrant and from steam-distilled leaves of patchouli grown in western areas of Nepal. This essential oil has mixed earthy, woody, sweet and musky scents with a reminiscent of wet soil.
Major components and their properties
- a-guide have pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Seychellene has chest congestion relieving properties.
- a-patchouli have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- a-bulnesene has anti-inflammatory properties.
- patchouli alcohol have anti-inflammatory, anti-influenza and anti-tumorigenic properties
Benefits and uses
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and massage on your skin, its anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties protect the skin against rashes, protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Add a few drops of oil into a diffuser to improve your mood and relax after a stressful day.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and massage it to your skin, it is rich in anti-oxidant property which keeps the skin healthy from within by boosting circulation and in turn increases oxygen to organs and cells and helps the skin to retain a healthy-looking, youthful appearance.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and massage to your chest, it has potent anti-bacterial property which is quite significant for a few respiratory problems and help clear out mucus and rheum deposits from the nasal passage and provide relief from chest congestion.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and massage to your hair scalp, it prevents the growth of lice and dandruff on the hair scalp, stimulates blood circulation which in turn prevents hair fall and promotes the growth of new hair and improve texture adds a natural shine to your hair.
Methods of use
- Through smell: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice or apply a few drops to your hand or clothes or tissue paper and inhale.
- Topical use: Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize skin sensitivity and apply one to two drops in the desired area and do massage or rub in or add to lotion or moisturizers.
- Caution: If pregnant, epileptic, have cancer or have any medical problems use oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Keep your eyes away from the oils while using it otherwise it may lead to various complications to your eyes and be extra careful and keep out of reach of the children.
There are no reviews yet.