Magnificent spikenard, aromatic flowering plant is distributed throughout Nepal at an elevation of 3000m to 5000m and extracted oil is highly fragrant and from steam distilled rhizome of spikenard grown in Himalayas of Nepal. This essential oil has sweet, woody, spicy aroma that some say resembles valerian however dry down is softer with more delicate woody and earthy nuisances
Major components and it’s properties
- Sesquiterpene valeranone have cardiovascular problem solving and anti-cancer properties.
- Spirojatamol have natural anti-oxidant property.
- Nardostachysin have anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Jatamol A and B have sedative and memory enhancing properties.
- Calarenol have neurological functioning property.
Benefits and uses
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and massage on your skin, its antibacterial property helps cure ailments caused by fungal infections on skin, treats patches on the skin, itching, deformation of skin and psoriasis.
- Add 2-3 drop of oil to carrier oil and massage on the affected areas, it helps to protect the wounds from bacterial infections and cure bacterial infections of urinary bladder, urethra and kidneys.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to the carrier oil and massage around your body, its anti-inflammatory property fights nearly all sorts of inflammation whether they affect nervous, digestive or respiratory systems.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil in your handkerchief and inhale, it is effective in improving your memory and learning and has an anxiolytic effect on brain.
- Add 2-3 drop of oil to carrier oil and massage around your body, it sedates depression, stress, anxiety, anger, abnormal palpitation and restlessness and help patients with insomnia get a healthy and peaceful sleep.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and apply to your pelvic area without making contact with genitals, it stimulates the uterus and ovaries for the secretion of progesterone and estrogen which helps in maintaining the proper health and reproductive capabilities of these organs.
Methods of use
- Through smell: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice or apply few drops to your hand or clothes or tissue paper and inhale.
- Topical use: Dilute with carrier oil to minimize skin sensitivity and apply one to two drops in desired area and do massage or rub in or add to lotion or moisturizers.
- Caution: If pregnant, epileptic, have cancer or any medical problems use oils only under the proper guidance of qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Keep your eyes away from the oils while using it otherwise it may lead to various complications to your eyes and be extra careful and keep out of reach of the children.
There are no reviews yet.