Magnificent thyme, aromatic herb is extracted oil is highly fragrant and from steam distilled fresh flower of thyme . This essential oil has fresh, spicy, herbaceous scent that can be reminiscent of fresh herb
Major components and it’s properties
- Thymol(44.7%) has anti-inflammatory and anti-septic properties.
- P-cymene(18.6%) has anti-nociceptive and anxiolytic properties.
- g-terpinene(16.5%) has anti-oxidant property.
- terpinone(16.5%) has antifungal and anti-bacterial properties.
- B-caryophyllene(3.07%) has anti-microbial
- carvacrol(3.04%) has anti-cancer and proapoptotic
Benefits and uses
- Rub two drops of oil around the abdomen two times a day to deal with fibroids as well as reducing the signs of PMS and menstruation.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil on rubs and massage on muscles and abdomen to reduce muscular aches , spasms and abdominal and intestinal aches.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil in warm bathing water and get relief from joint pain and associated arthritis.
- Add 1-2 drops on the effected area as it act as antiseptic and safeguards wounds and sores against infections.
- Add 2 drops in hot water bath it tones up your circulatory system, heart , digestive system , nervous system , muscles as well as skin whilst fortifying them and boosting
- Add 1 drop of oil in your fingers and rub around the affected area of mouth due to tooth decay, gingivitis , plaque and make sure that you don’t swallow it.
- Add 2 drops into your hair follicle and massage it delivers nutrients to your hair follicles stimulating growth, which makes it shinier as well as healthier.
- Add few drops of oil in boiling water, add honey for taste if you want it helps in treating your kidney stones.
Methods of use
- Through smell: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice or apply few drops to your hand or clothes or tissue paper and inhale.
- Topical use: Dilute with carrier oil to minimize skin sensitivity and apply one to two drops in desired area and do massage or rub in or add to lotion or moisturizers.
- Caution: If pregnant, epileptic, have cancer or any medical problems use oils only under the proper guidance of qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Keep your eyes away from the oils while using it otherwise it may lead to various complications to your eyes and be extra careful and keep out of reach of the children.