Magnificent wintergreen, aromatic evergreen shrub is distributed throughout Nepal at an elevation of 1500-2700m and extracted oil is highly fragrant and from steam distilled leaves and aerial twigs of wintergreen grown in Himalayas of Nepal. This essential oil is pale yellow or pinkish fluid liquid that is strongly aromatic with a sweet, woody odor.
Major components and it’s properties
- methyl salicylate (98%) have pain relieving and skin care properties.
- a-pinene have anti-inflammatory, pain relieving and memory boosting properties.
- myrcene have antibiotic, anti-mutagenic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory and sedative properties.
- delta-3-carene have memory retention and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Limonene have anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-stress and disease preventing properties.
- 3,7-guaiadiene has anti-tumor property.
- delta-cadinene have antifungal and anti-microbial properties.
Benefits and uses
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and massage around your back, it is the potential alternative treatment easing lower back pain.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and massage on your skin, it induces numbness and anesthetic effect on the nerves there and also increases the circulation of blood and brings warmth to the area.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and massage around your body, it easily penetrates through the skin around the muscles and tissues and stimulate circulation of blood and clear out obstruction in flow of blood which is the major cause of rheumatism and arthritis.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and massage around your body, it help to speed up the removal of toxins like uric acid from the body through urination and reduce your weight.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and massage around your body, it helps to reduce spasms in respiratory, muscular, digestive and nervous system, provides relief from congestion in the chest, breathing trouble , asthma, spasmodic coughs, muscular cramps, convulsions and nervous afflictions.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and massage topically, its astringent property helps to curb hemorrhaging from wounded or impacted vessels.
Methods of use
- Through smell: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice or apply few drops to your hand or clothes or tissue paper and inhale.
- Topical use: Dilute with carrier oil to minimize skin sensitivity and apply one to two drops in desired area and do massage or rub in or add to lotion or moisturizers.
- Caution: If pregnant, epileptic, have cancer or any medical problems use oils only under the proper guidance of qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Keep your eyes away from the oils while using it otherwise it may lead to various complications to your eyes and be extra careful and keep out of reach of the children.