Sore muscles are bound to happen after a workout, but they don’t have to derail the rest of your day. If foam rolling and over-the-counter pain relievers aren’t doing the trick it is time to consider essential oils. From eucalyptus to abies included in this pain reliever that you can use to quickly ease muscles pain, tension, and swelling. It also has analgesic, antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties, contains menthol which has a cooling effect on sore, achy muscles, and relieves muscular spasm, inflammation, and pain.
- Hemp seed oil
- Eucalyptus oil
- Wintergreen oil
- Mentha oil
- Artemisia oil
- Calamus oil
- Bluepine oil
- Turmeric oil
- Zedoary oil
- Anthopogon oil
- Juniper oil
- Abies oil
Benefits and Uses
- Hemp seed oil has an immediate and direct effect on any inflammation so it treats joint pain due to arthritis, rheumatoid joint inflammation, and osteoarthritis.
- Eucalyptus oil helps to reduce pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Wintergreen oil applied to the skin act as a counterirritant against irritation that reduces pain and swelling in the underlying tissues.
- Mentha oil act as an analgesic gives temporary symptomatic relief of mild joint and muscle pain.
- Artemisia oil can reduce the stiffness of muscles and joints as well as help in healing bruises.
- Calamus oil due to its numbing and tranquilizing effect on the brain and nerves, it reduces the feeling of pain.
- Bluepine oil is touted as having anti-inflammatory effects that alleviate pain-related health conditions like muscular cramps, muscular pain, and arthritis.
- Curcumin, an active content of turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory effects that suppress many molecules known to play major roles in inflammation.
- Zedoary helps in relieving pain and swelling associated with sprains.
- Anthopogon oil alleviates muscle tension and spasms while promoting relaxation.
- Juniper oil helps reduce muscle spasms and aches associated with fibromyalgia, arthritis and also is helpful for neuropathic pain.
- Abies oil is the strongest analgesic oil for arthritis and osteochondrosis, thus relieving the pain impact of augmented and protivootecna effect.
- Be sure to use a carrier oil to dilute your chosen essential oil. Applying undiluted essential oil can cause skin irritation and inflammation.
- Massaging diluted essential oil into the skin can help to loosen up muscles and alleviate pain. You can practice self-massage or opt for professional massage using essential oils.
- You may also take a hot bath with essential oils. Sitting in the hot bath allows the essential oil to enter your body through your skin.