Magnificent valerian, aromatic perennial flowering plant is distributed throughout at an elevation of 1000-3000m and extracted oil is highly fragrant and from steam distillation of roots of valerian grown in Himalayas of Nepal. This essential oil has tenacious warm, woody and balsamic characteristics.
Major components and it’s properties
- Monoterpenes has anticancer property.
- Bornyl acetate have anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
- Isobornyl acetate has anti-microbial and anti-bacterial property.
Benefits and uses
- It is remedy for insomnia as it promotes sleep and improve the quality of sleep.
- It help to treat anxiety associated with bipolar disorder.
- It helps to solve the problem of women who suffer from premenstrual syndrome(PMS) or painful menstruation.
- It maybe helpful for restless leg syndrome and neurological disorder like Parkinson’s disease.
- It has mild sedative effect as it lead to increase the levels of GABA in the brain falling asleep faster and experiencing better sleep.
Methods of use
- Through smell: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice or apply few drops to your hand or clothes or tissue paper and inhale.
- Topical use: Dilute with carrier oil to minimize skin sensitivity and apply one to two drops in desired area and do massage or rub in or add to lotion or moisturizers.
- Caution: If pregnant, epileptic, have cancer or any medical problems use oils only under the proper guidance of qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Keep your eyes away from the oils while using it otherwise it may lead to various complications to your eyes and be extra careful and keep out of reach of the children.