Magnificent calamus is distributed throughout Nepal at an elevation of 1000 to 2000m and extracted oil is highly fragrant from steam distilled from rhizomes and leaves of calamus grown in the Himalayas of Nepal. This essential oil has a refreshing scent similar to cinnamon.
- B-asarone(33.2%-85.6%), a-asarone(9.7%), linalool(4.7%)
Benefits and uses
- It helps in vasoconstriction of the blood vessel and reduces pressure on the cranial nerve.
- Its tranquillizing effect on the nerve of the brain reduces the feeling of pain.
- It is also used in the treatment of vertigo, sedative, headache etc.
- It can be used to cure neuroglial disorder decreasing pressure on the ninth cranial nerve exerted by surrounding blood vessels.
- It is quite helpful for people suffering from insomnia.
- It is also used as a calming medicine (sedative), to induce sweating, and to treat rheumatoid arthritis and stroke.
- It might increase levels of certain chemicals in the body that works in the brain, heart, and elsewhere.
Methods of use
- Through smell: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice or apply a few drops to your hand or clothes or tissue paper and inhale.
- Topical use: Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize skin sensitivity and apply one to two drops in the desired area and do massage or rub in or add to lotion or moisturizers.
Caution: If pregnant, epileptic, have cancer or have any medical problems use oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Keep your eyes away from the oils while using it otherwise it may lead to various complications to your eyes and be extra careful and keep out of reach of the children.
There are no reviews yet.