Magnificent lavender, the aromatic evergreen herb is extracted by steam distillation of its stems. This essential oil is a clear pale yellow liquid that is strongly aromatic with a fresh and floral odour.
Major components and its properties
- linalool has anti-fungal properties.
- -linalyl acetate have anti-inflammatory properties.
- -camphor have pain-relieving, anti-spasmodic properties.
- -terpinene-4-ol have anti-bacterial, anti-fungal properties.
Benefits and uses
- Add 2-3 drops of lavender oil on your facial toner, which helps to kill bacteria and can prevent and heal acne breakouts. It unclogs pores and reduces inflammation when you put it in your skin.
- Add a few drops of lavender oil on the diffuser of your choice and inhale, inhalation of lavender has a soothing and calming effect on the nervous system, making it a great alternative for alleviating stress, anxiety, depression and fatigue.
- Adding a few drops of lavender oil to a diffuser next to your bed at night can help relax the mind and the body and improve your overall sleep.
- Applying a dilution of lavender oil and distilled water to a wound can help stimulate cell regeneration and heal the wound faster.
- Applying lavender oil to the abdomen during your menstrual cycle can help alleviate cramping.
- Mixing lavender oil with coconut oil for the perfect lip balm to relieve chapped lips.
- Consistently using oil with lavender in the formula can minimize the appearance of sunspots.
- Mix lavender oil with olive oil and massage it into your scalp to get rid of dandruff and other scalp imbalances.
- It is an anti-inflammatory, so it can be used to relieve itchy skin caused by eczema or insect bites.
- It has anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties, so it can be used to treat an acne flare-up or keep it at bay.
Methods of use
- Through smell: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice or apply a few drops to your hand or clothes or tissue paper and inhale.
- Topical use: Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize skin sensitivity and apply one to two drops in the desired area and do massage or rub in or add to lotion or moisturizers.
Caution: If pregnant, epileptic, have cancer or have any medical problems use oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Keep your eyes away from the oils while using it otherwise it may lead to various complications to your eyes and be extra careful and keep out of reach of the children.