Magnificent mentha, an aromatic herb is distributed throughout Nepal at an elevation of above 60 to 305 m and extracted oil is having highly menthol fragrant and from steam distillation of leaves and flowers of mentha grown in Terai of Nepal. This essential oil has a sharp menthol odour which is cool and refreshing.
Major components and its properties
- Menthol (71.40%) has pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties.
- iso-menthone(5.42%) has anti-microbial and anti-oxidant properties.
- p-menthone(8.04%) has respiratory care property.
Benefits and uses
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to inhaler and inhale it help in relaxing stomach muscles and facilitating the overall process of digestion.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil in a carrier oil and apply it on your skin it provides relief from itching to people suffering from diabetes, liver and kidney-related diseases.
- Apply a few drops on your scalp after diluting with a carrier oil it increases blood flow and allows blood circulation to the scalp thereby promoting hair growth.
- Apply 2-3 drops of oil on the forehead after diluting with a carrier oil, menthol contents work by easing the pain and promoting relaxation and relieving congestion and headaches caused by cold.
- Apply 2-3 drops of oil after diluting with a carrier oil it cleans your skin by balancing the oil content and combating irritated skin caused by acne or any kind of allergies could also be healed with its consistent use.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and do massage on joints and muscles it soothes muscle cramps, joint pain, inflammation and provides relief to sore muscles.
- Add 1-2 drops of oil in a carrier oil and apply to your hand and inhale it eliminate nasal congestion and sinusitis and soothe the cough reflex shown by the body.
- Add 1 drop in your toothpaste do not swallow, it has antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties work against plaque formation, cleans the tooth efficiently, maintains healthy gums and even solves the problem of bad breath.
Methods of use
- Through smell: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice or apply a few drops to your hand or clothes or tissue paper and inhale.
- Topical use: Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize skin sensitivity and apply one to two drops in the desired area and do massage or rub in or add to lotion or moisturizers.
Caution: If pregnant, epileptic, have cancer or have any medical problems use oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Keep your eyes away from the oils while using it otherwise it may lead to various complications to your eyes and be extra careful and keep out of reach of the children.