Major components and its properties
- A-citral and B-citral have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Geranyl acetate has anti-microbial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Linalool has pain-relieving, anti-epileptic, anti-stress, mosquito repellant and sedative properties.
Benefits and uses
- Add 2-3 drops to carrier oil and massage around your body, it helps relieve pain in muscle and joints, reduce general body pain resulting from strenuous activities and athletics.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to your handkerchief and inhale, it boosts self-esteem, confidence, hope, mental strength and uplifts the spirit driving away depression and relieving anxiety.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and massage on your body, it has an anti-microbial property which makes it an inhibitor of microbial and bacterial growth in the body, both internally and externally.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to lotion and creams and apply it to your skin, its antiseptic property helps to heal external or internal wounds and cuts and prevent infection to the wounds.
- Add 1 drop of oil to your toothpaste, it helps to stop bleeding of gums by speeding up the clot formation and preventing loosening and falling of teeth.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and massage to your skin, it is used to treat both internal and external fungal infection and also increases perspiration inducing sweating of toxic substances out of the body.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and massage around your forehead, it helps to treat a nervous disorder such as shaking limbs, nervousness, convulsions, sluggishness and lack of reflexes.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and massage to your body, it has great soothing, sedating and calming effects on the mind, reduce inflammation, itching of the skin and relieves tension and anxiety.Methods of use
- Through smell: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice or apply a few drops to your hand or clothes or tissue paper and inhale.
- Topical use: Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize skin sensitivity and apply one to two drops in the desired area and do massage or rub in or add to lotion or moisturizers.
- Caution: If pregnant, epileptic, have cancer or have any medical problems use oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Keep your eyes away from the oils while using it otherwise it may lead to various complications to your eyes and be extra careful and keep out of reach of the children.