Magnificent basil, an aromatic leafy herb is distributed throughout Nepal at an elevation of 1660m and extracted oil is highly fragrant from steam distilled from the whole part of basil grown in the tropical and subtropical zone. This essential oil is sweet but savoury, and just like the smell, it is peppery yet over so slightly minty notes.
Major components and its properties
- Methyl chavicol has anti-spasmodic properties and also promotes a soothing effect on digestive problems.
- Linalool has anti-inflammatory, anti-epileptic, anti-stress and sedative properties.
- Methyl eugenol has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-oxidant and anti-neoplastic properties.
Methyl cinnamate designed to provide increased energy and focus through natural stimulation
Benefits and uses
- It is a beneficial aid in unclogging pores eliminating excess sebum, dirt, dead cells and other impurities from them.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties lower the swelling of pimples by alleviating inflammation.
- It helps to get relief from itching and promotes the healing of skin diseases.
- It helps to alleviate itching, increases blood flow and makes the hair root healthy.
- It improves scalp circulation, stimulates hair follicles and promotes the production of new healthy hair all over again.
- It is used as a digestive tonic as it provides immediate relief from gas in your stomach and intestines, also has colic qualities, therefore, is used to alleviate bowel pain.
- It is effective in providing relief from cold, influenza and associated fevers.
- It can also be used to alleviate symptoms of asthma, bronchitis and sinus infections.
- It helps in providing relief from mental fatigue, melancholy, migraines and depression and provide mental strength and clarity.
- It is an analgesic that helps in reducing pain related to injuries, burns, sprains and headaches.
Methods of use
- Through smell: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice or apply a few drops to your hand or clothes or tissue paper and inhale.
- Topical use: Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize skin sensitivity and apply one to two drops in the desired area and do massage or rub in or add to lotion or moisturizers.
Caution: If pregnant, epileptic, have cancer or have any medical problems use oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Keep your eyes away from the oils while using it otherwise it may lead to various complications to your eyes and be extra careful and keep out of reach of the children.
There are no reviews yet.