Magnificent Nutmeg, the extracted oil is highly fragrant. The extracted oil is highly fragrant and from steam distilled dried kernels of ripe fruit of Nutmeg. This essential oil is a clear yellow mobile liquid and has a herbaceous, bitter, intense, offensive and aggressive even scent, reminiscent of cedar-leaf and sage.
- sabinene (21.38%), 4-terpineol (13.92%) and myristicin (13.57%).
Benefits and uses
- It is known to have medicinal properties that can treat stomach ulcers and help indigestion.
- A little nutmeg, in a glass of warm milk, has proven to induce sleepiness in many people.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that can help ease pain and discomfort. This spice has chemicals like myristicin, elemicin, safrole, and eugenol that making it useful for treating pain.
- It works as an aphrodisiac, which means it can stimulate the nerve cells in the brain.
- Its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties can help keep the skin healthy, supple, and unclog pores and blackheads.
- It is rich in minerals like calcium, potassium, manganese, and iron, all of which help in regulating blood pressure and enhance the circulation of blood.
Methods of use
- Through smell: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice or apply a few drops to your hand or clothes or tissue paper and inhale.
- Topical use: Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize skin sensitivity and apply one to two drops in the desired area and do massage or rub in or add to lotion or moisturizers.
Caution: If pregnant, epileptic, have cancer or have any medical problems use oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Keep your eyes away from the oils while using them otherwise and keep them out of reach of the children.