Artemisia vulgaris is a species of flowering plant in the daisy family Asteraceae. It is one of several species in the genus Artemisia commonly known as mugwort. The essential oil extracted from Artemisia leaves has been considered to have a broad range of functions including anti-diarrhea, anti-inflammation, cough relief, antioxidant, and hepatoprotection.
Uses and benefits
- Emmenagogue: Promoting regular menstrual cycles
- Nervine: Nerve calming
- Diuretic: Increasing urine output (for fluid retention)
- Repelling insects
- Flavoring foods , Boosting energy
- Promoting circulation
- Supporting liver health
- Relieving itching (caused by scars or burns)
- Method of uses
- Through smell: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice or apply a few drops to your hand or clothes or tissue paper and inhale.
- Topical use: Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize skin sensitivity and apply one to two drops in the desired area and do massage or rub in or add to lotion or moisturizers.
- Caution: If pregnant, epileptic, have cancer, or have any medical problems use oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Keep your eyes away from the oils while using it otherwise it may lead to various complications to your eyes and be extra careful and keep out of reach of the children.
There are no reviews yet.