Magnificent palmarosa, aromatic perennial grass is distributed throughout Nepal at an elevation of 300m to 1500m and extracted oil is highly fragrant and from steam distilled sweet lemon-scented grass. This essential oil releases a fresh, grassy rose-like aroma when crushed between the fingers.
Major components and its properties
- Geraniol has anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
- geranyl acetate has antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties.
- (E, Z)-Farnesol has perfumery properties.
- Linalool has pain-relieving, anti-epileptic and anti-stress properties.
- (E)-B-ocimene has the property to relieve respiratory disorders.
- B-caryophyllene has anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant properties.
Benefits and uses
- Add 2-3 drops of oil into a carrier oil and apply it to your forehead it is capable of reducing fever by anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-septic properties.
- Add 1 drop of oil in 20 ounces of drinking water, it is good at curing internal bacterial infections like colitis and those of colon, stomach, urinary bladder, prostate, urethra, urinary tracts and kidneys.
- Add 1 drop of oil in 20 ounces of drinking water it is prophylactic, promotes the growth of cells and recycling of cellular matter and also the growth of defensive cells of the body so is considered a good way to strengthen the immune system.
- Add 1 drop of oil in 20 ounces of drinking water it stimulates the secretion of digestive juices into the stomach and thereby promoting digestion.
- Add 2-3 drops in the carrier oil and apply it on your skin it helps your body retain the moisture in the tissues and maintains moisture balance throughout the body also keeping the skin soft, moist and looking young.
- Add 2-3 drops in your handkerchief and inhale it to fight depression, fatigue, anxiety, anger and nervousness.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil into a carrier oil and do massage around your muscle and nerve it relieves the pain of muscles and nerve and erase your tiredness and make you active. Methods of use
- Through smell: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice or apply a few drops to your hand or clothes or tissue paper and inhale.
- Topical use: Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize skin sensitivity and apply one to two drops in the desired area and do massage or rub in or add to lotion or moisturizers.
- Caution: If pregnant, epileptic, have cancer or have any medical problems use oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Keep your eyes away from the oils while using it otherwise it may lead to various complications to your eyes and be extra careful and keep out of reach of the children.