Spearmint is a perennial plant that grows 11–40 inches tall and flourishes in temperate climates. It is widely used in gums, candies, and dental products for its minty taste, and to promote fresh breath.
Benefits and uses
Spearmint is used to improve memory, digestion, stomach problems, and other conditions.
- Diffuse Spearmint essential oil for a positive environment.
- Apply to toothbrush before brushing teeth for fresh breath.
- Add a drop or two to any dessert, drink, salad, or entrée for flavoring and to promote digestion.*
- For occasional stomach upset, add one to two drops of Spearmint oil to water and drink.
Method of uses
- Through smell: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice or apply a few drops to your hand or clothes or tissue paper and inhale.
- Topical use: Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize skin sensitivity and apply one to two drops in the desired area and do massage or rub in or add to lotion or moisturizers.
- Caution: If pregnant, epileptic, have cancer or have any medical problems use oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Keep your eyes away from the oils while using it otherwise it may lead to various complications to your eyes and be extra careful and keep out of reach of the children.