Magnificent zanthoxylum, aromatic deciduous to evergreen shrub is distributed throughout Nepal at an elevation of 1000m to 2500 m and extracted oil is highly fragrant and from steam distilled leaves of zanthoxylum grown in mid-western region of Nepal. This essential oil in the background of citrus notes, a classic zanthoxylum melody completes picture with waxy, lychee and delightfully bright far east fruit aroma.
Major components and it’s properties
- oleic acid have anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
- linoleic acid has blood pressure controlling property.
- limonene have anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-stress and disease preventing properties.
- Linalool have anti-epileptic, anti-microbial and sedative
- B-phellandrene have pain relieving and anti-cancer properties.
Benefits and uses
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and do massage around your chest it is excellent as a choice to help support the lungs.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and do massage on muscle, it eases muscular spasms, soreness and reliefs pain.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and do massage around your tummy, it quiets an upset tummy and improve and promote healthy digestive system.
- Add 2-3 drops in a spray containing 10 ml of water and apply it under your pillow at night, it soothes and calms stress, uplift your moods and create positive vibes.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to carrier oil and do massage around your joints, it eases the ache and pain associated with arthritis and soothe salve for aches and pains.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil into your handkerchief and inhale, its anti-bacterial property help you to fight bacterial infection and boost your immune system making you healthy.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil into your handkerchief and inhale, it help to solve various respiratory disorders like asthma, bronchitis and difficult breathing.
Methods of use
- Through smell: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice or apply few drops to your hand or clothes or tissue paper and inhale.
- Topical use: Dilute with carrier oil to minimize skin sensitivity and apply one to two drops in desired area and do massage or rub in or add to lotion or moisturizers.
- Caution: If pregnant, epileptic, have cancer or any medical problems use oils only under the proper guidance of qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Keep your eyes away from the oils while using it otherwise it may lead to various complications to your eyes and be extra careful and keep out of reach of the children.